Rhett Women’s Center provides bioidentical hormone optimization services for men and women. Bioidentical hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) optimization provides relief from a variety of problematic symptoms and reduces patients’ risk for a multitude of chronic diseases. It is also one of the most effective tools for “age management,” giving both men and women the ability to live their later years with health and vitality. Patients may choose from a few methods for administration of bioidentical hormone therapy. One highly effective method of administration RWC providers frequently recommend is pellet therapy.
Below are the top five reasons why Pellet Therapy may be the best “His & Hers” hormone optimization solution for you (and your significant other).
- His & Hers. Menopause and andropause (Yes, men have their own version of menopause!) are tough to go through due to extreme changes and eventual decline in sex hormone levels (specifically estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone). With these shifts in hormone balance, both men and women can experience a variety of symptoms that can be extremely disruptive to their life and their health. Typically, within about two weeks of starting pellet therapy (that may be replacement of estrogen, testosterone, or a combination of both), patients may begin to notice improvements in energy, sleep, mood, and libido. Long term use of pellet therapy can yield improvements in cognitive function, muscular strength, bone strength, and cardiovascular health.
- Tailored to you. Pellet Therapy is not one treatment fits all. Depending on a multitude of factors, including your age, gender, weight, and lab work, RWC providers will help you determine the appropriate type of hormone (either estrogen, testosterone, or both) and dosage. Results can vary due to lifestyle factors including nutrition, sleep, exercise/movement, and stress management. In order to experience maximum benefit using pellet therapy, each of these areas should also be addressed/optimized.
- Keep it clean. Pellets are small, rice-sized implants that are placed under the skin on your upper buttock. We use an ice pack to help numb the skin, followed by local anesthesia (lidocaine injection) to help make the procedure as simple and painless as possible. That means no messy creams or daily pills to manage your estrogen and testosterone levels that have depleted with age. For women, optimal hormone balance includes progesterone, which is most effective when taken orally, at night.
- It’s not permanent. Pellet Therapy releases a consistent dose of hormones over the course of three months for women and six months for men. Midway through your pellet treatment, your RWC provider will assess your lab work and response to treatment. You and your provider will be able to decide if you want to continue with pellet therapy and/or make any dose adjustments. In order for you to continue to experience the benefits of pellet therapy, typically, your pellets will be replaced every 3-6 months.
- Experienced providers. At Rhett Women’s Center, we have a team of highly trained providers with years of pellet therapy experience. While bioidentical hormone replacement therapy has many benefits, we always recommend a comprehensive evaluation with a provider who listens and spends time with patients to determine the best course of action.
Pellet Therapy is an effective treatment plan for hormone replacement therapy for many patients. Call Rhett Women’s Center today to schedule a consultation and see if you are a candidate.